5.1g, 90mL gaiwan. brita filtered tap. boiling.
wet leaf: natural HK/geosmin. light smoke. dry woody, sort of vegetal.
1. good texture, but taste is like salty beets, with a smoky hint. edge of floral. cold feeling. focus
2. uniquely vegetal bitterness. throaty sweetness in same floral HK trad stored vein, but almost edging on jasmine. tingling and cold in legs. slight sweat on forehead.
3. bitter, almost aspirin like. woody backdrop, with more bitter in aftertaste. mushroom after bitter recedes.
4. lightly bitter, mushroom and slight florals in aftertaste.
5. oversteeped. short lingering bitterness and cold sharp floral bitter taste.
6. fruity aspirin.
stopped taking notes past this, but was not terribly exciting. Storage seems to be lighter than the usual Yee On. drank this since I was considering caking during their 30% off the TFC line sale until the 30th of this month, but I think I’ll pass on this one. Taste is interesting enough, but I don’t have any experience with how body effects age over time and I don’t want to bet on it for now.