Young, experienced and nonetheless curious tea consumer.
From tea-to-tea I’m learning and improving my tasting skills.
My profile is rather about puer (both sheng and shu) and oolongs for which I use gongfu method (with yixing pots, each reserved for a single type of tea) as well as genpao (gaiwan, or small glass teapot).
I’m rating my teas based on type, processing technique, harvest time and region (if puer, mountain specifically). My rating numbers, highlighted in green, refer to the extent to what I enjoyed the tea:
- excellent tea, worth a high price (90-100)
- great tea, will buy often (80-89)
- good tea, but nothing really interesting (70-79)
- nothing really wrong, but wouldn’t buy (60-69)
- poor quality, won’t drink again (below 60)
I also use a 7-stage assessment system which refers to the over-all quality of the, regardless type, process, and harvest details.