This is a real shame. I’m not sure which parameter here made me get such a different experience from the previous tasting.
Date drunk: 2023-02-14
- 7g in 140ml Yixing pot
- Rinsed once: wet leaves not as fragrant as the last time.
- 1st infusion (98˚C, 0:15)
- Liquor is rich golden colour but taste a bit flat, metallic. I think the lower temperature before (90-95˚C) was the way to go with this tea. After the liquor has cooled a bit, I get a bit of tangy apricot, some slight astringency, faint seaweed/marine brine.
- Rating: 80
- 2nd infusion (95˚C, 0:15)
- Liquor darker honey-brown now. Texture is so thick and syrupy. Flavour is really like green mangoes/papayas though – tangy, slightly bitter, and astringent, but without the fruity sweetness.
- Rating: 76
- 3rd infusion (95˚C, 0:15)
- Very astringent. I think I used too much leaf? What a shame, maybe I should have split it into 2x 3.5g sessions :(
- Rating: 70
- 4th & 5th infusion (97˚C, 0:20)
- Flavourless, like a diluted and astringent stale generic Chinese green tea blend
- Rating: 67
Flavors: Apricot, Astringent, Marine, Metallic, Seaweed