Great Expectations 2023 Pasha Raw Puer

Tea type
Pu'erh (sheng) Blend
Ingredients
Not available
Flavors
Apple, Bay Leaf, Bitter, Butter, Cooling, Drying, Floral, Garlic, Lemon, Nutty, Olives, Sweet, Vegetal
Sold in
Compressed
Caffeine
Not available
Certification
Not available
Edit tea info Last updated by Togo
Average preparation
Not available

Currently unavailable

We don't know when or if this item will be available.

From Our Community

2 Images

0 Want it Want it

3 Own it Own it

1 Tasting Note View all

  • “This is a very floral and bitter tea. It shares similarity with pu-erh from proximate localities such as Naka and Hekai, but it is noticably less mineral than the former tends to be. The aroma is...” Read full tasting note
    79

From Bitterleaf Teas

Made from Pasha qiaomu material growing in an excellent environment with minimal human interference, this tea has Menghai character written all over it. This year’s tea again offers nice bitterness that is accompanied by gentle floral quality, but with an added fruitiness compared to the previous pressing. The huigan (returning sweetness) is strong, with the fragrance lingering well after you’ve taken a sip.

As a region, Pasha is often noted for its proximity to Laobanzhang and distinguished as having 70% of the character, with the remaining 30% being Bingdao. While this formula is a bit gimmicky and silly, there’s something to it, as this tea manages to strike a nice balance between an aggressive and dense flavour, and an engaging fragrance.

While even top tier puers can exhibit some dramatic ups and downs in their first year, our experience with this tea since pressing it a year prior has been extremely consistent, performing well each time we brewed it. So far, it’s lived up to its name, so our expectations are maintained for this tea.

Picking period: March 27-April 7

About Bitterleaf Teas View company

Company description not available.

1 Tasting Note

79
935 tasting notes

This is a very floral and bitter tea. It shares similarity with pu-erh from proximate localities such as Naka and Hekai, but it is noticably less mineral than the former tends to be.

The aroma is nutty and vegetal with notes of wild garlic and ghee. The tea has a watery texture that’s unremarkable, and a bitter-sweet taste with cooling high floral notes. The aftertaste is quite long-lasting and floral again. It brings also a strong drying sense. There are further flavours of apples, bay leaf, baked lemon, and green olives. Throughout the session, I also feel a pleasant chest warming sensation.

Flavors: Apple, Bay Leaf, Bitter, Butter, Cooling, Drying, Floral, Garlic, Lemon, Nutty, Olives, Sweet, Vegetal

Login or sign up to leave a comment.