So, how did I get into tea? I think I have always had a fascination with tea. But I really got obsessed with it after watching Avatar: The Last Airbender. I loved how Uncle Iroh used tea as a way to both practice self-care and connect with others.
I aspire to do the same through my tea endeavours.
My Favourite Canadian Small Tea Businesses: (Thus far! As I explore new tea brands, I am sure this list will grow)
Dessert by Deb
The Tea Haus
The Chai Brewing Company
My Preferred Preparation:
For black teas, I prefer the stove-top method with milk and sugar. For all other teas and herbal infusions, I usually prefer having them hot without any add-ins. However, I do like an occasional iced tea! Especially for some fruity or floral blends.
My Tea Preferences:
I enjoy flavoured teas more than straight teas; however, I do have a soft spot for traditional green or oolong teas.
- Masala chai (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and other warming spices!)
- Tropical fruit (lychee, mango, pineapple)
- Floral (especially jasmine)
- Nuts (hazelnut, almond)
- Sweet potato
- Fall fruits (apples, cranberries)
- Earl Grey
- Vanilla bean
Least Liked Flavours:
- Anything that tastes too artificial (especially vanilla or chocolate!)
- Tart (too much hibiscus)
- Guarana powder
- Coconut oil (or oily teas)
- Red rooibos