The steeping recommendations suggested using 5g of tea but since I didn’t want to use up the entire sample, I took half and went for a bit of a longer steep time instead.
I rinsed the buds for 20 sec before steeping.
1st step at 1.5 min was rather weak and the flavour was a strange combination of mineral and mustiness and I almost gave up right there. But I decided to give it another go.
2nd steep at 3 min: The flavour was much more developed but still quite low-key. It’s sweeter and not as musty-tasting.
I’m only so-so about this tea. I’ve had other pu-erh buds that have been much nicer and more flavourful.